Washington – there have been some glimmers of hope:
1) WH floating the idea of a “short-term” ceiling hike idea (this started Mon morning and Obama reiterated the concept during Tues’ press conf)
2) Boehner saying how he “just wants to talk”
3) Boehner/Cantor backing off their prior ACA
4) Obama directing his criticisms to Tea Party and not Boehner/Republicans in general
5) tone in the pressers backing away from the angry tone of recent weeks (this is the case w/all the major principals).
HOWEVER – while a path from the present morass exists, the fact of the matter
is that both sides are still very far apart and the posturing prob isn’t over
(Boehner will hold a press conf Tues at 4:30pmET and Jack Lew is testifying before the Senate on Thurs).