Venus in Cancer says it is time to protect your money ahead of the holiday trading slowdown.
By Susan Abbott Gidel
July 2, 2019
(All times Eastern)
The day after an excessive solar eclipse, the money planet Venus enters the sign of Cancer on July 3 at 11:18 am. Cancer directs Venus to use money to nurture and protect, so it may be a good day to protect your portfolio and profits before light, holiday-induced trading sets in through week’s end.
Holiday Hours on Wednesday, July 3
- NYSE closes at 1:00 pm, reopens Friday at 9:30 am
- CME Group stock index futures close at 1:15 pm, reopen Thursday at 6 pm
- CBOT grain futures close at 1:05 pm, reopen Friday at 9:30 am
Wednesday’s reports include:
- Tuesday 8:30 pm Japan PMI Composite
- Tuesday 9:30 pm Australia Merchandise Trade
- Tuesday 9:45 pm China General Services PMI
- 4:30 am Great Britain CIPS/PMI Services Index
- 8:30 am US International Trade
- 8:30 am US Jobless Claims
- 8:30 am Canada Merchandise Trade
- 10:30 am US EIA Petroleum Status
|Tell me what you like about Red Letter Trading Days newsletter! Thanks!|
As always, please use protective buy and sell stops when trading futures and options.
Disclaimer: Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. You should carefully consider whether trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances, knowledge, and financial resources. Any decision to purchase or sell as a result of the opinions expressed in the forum will be the full responsibility of the person(s) authorizing such transaction(s). BE ADVISED TO ALWAYS USE PROTECTIVE STOP LOSSES AND ALLOW FOR SLIPPAGE TO MANAGE YOUR TRADE(S) AS AN INVESTOR COULD LOSE ALL OR MORE THAN THEIR INITIAL INVESTMENT. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS.