- The Bureau of Labor Statistics released its projections for the 10 industries projected to grow the most in the next decade.
- Industries like healthcare, law, and food services will have significantly more jobs in 2029 than today, BLS found.
- The country as a whole will add 6 million in the next decade, representing an annual growth rate of 0.4%, BLS reported on September 1. The growth rate between 2009 to 2019 was at 1.3% due to recovery after the Great Recession.
- The healthcare support industry, for instance, will have 22.6% more jobs in 2029. The legal industry will have 5.1% more jobs.
- Per the BLS data, job openings for nurse practicioners, statisticians, and mental health counselors will grow in the long term.
- Here are the 10 industries that will add the most new jobs in the coming decade.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
- Financial managers
- Property managers
- Sales managers
- Top executives
- Training and development managers
- Human resources managers
9. The building and grounds cleaning and maintenance industry will have 4.9% more jobs in 2029.
- Grounds keeping workers
- Janitors and cleaners
- Pest control workers
- Tree trimmers
8. The legal industry will have 5.1% more jobs in 2029.
- Judicial law clerks
- Legal support workers
- Title examiners
- Court reporters
7. The business and financial operations industry will have 5.3% more jobs in 2029.
- Agents and business managers of artists, performers, and athletes
- Insurance appraisers
- Event planners
- Personal finance advisors
- Loan officers
- Accountants and auditors
6. The food preparation and serving related industry will have 7.3% more jobs in 2029.
- Food preparation workers
- Waiters and waitresses
5. The personal care and service industry will have 7.7% more jobs in 2029.
- Barbers and hairstylists
- Childcare workers
- Fitness trainers
- Recreation workers
- Funeral service workers
4. The healthcare practitioners and technical industry will have 9.1% more jobs in 2029.
- Physical assistants
- Surgical technicians
- Athletic trainers
3. The computer and mathematical industry will have 12.1% more jobs in 2029.
- Information security analysts
- Computer network architects
- Computer programmers
- Web developers
- Research analysts
2. The social service industry will have 12.5% more jobs in 2029.
- Health educators and community health workers
- Probation officers
- School and career counselors
- Social and human service assistants
- Social workers
- Mental health counselors
1. The healthcare support industry will have 22.6% more jobs in 2029.
- Home health and personal care aides
- Nursing assistants
- Psychiatric aides
- Occupational therapy assistants
- Massage therapists
- Dental assistants
- Pharmacy aides